Friday, October 01, 2010

Touring Manhattan in literary style

by Lauren

If you love books and/or New York, I hope you’re not too busy today, because if you haven’t already seen it the New York Times Book Review has an amazing interactive map of literary Manhattan. Apparently the fine offices of DGLM are located near the site of a brisk walk in Nathanael West’s Miss Lonelyhearts as well as Newland Archer’s first spotting of the Countess Ellen Olenska at what is now an NYU dorm down the street from here in Edith Wharton’s The Age of Innocence. Not to mention that Chip Lambert in The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen sells some books back to the Strand bookstore just off Union Square, a New York rite of passage that many of us here at DGLM know well.

If it weren’t such a bleak and rainy day in New York, I might take a lunchtime walking tour of the literary neighborhood. It’ll have to wait for another time. In the meantime, I’ve got the Times website and if I crane my head out the window, I can almost see Countess Ellen Olenska from here.

1 comment:

  1. I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

    Obat Syaraf Kejepit Yang Aman
    Obat Kolesterol
    Obat Penyakit Gonore Tradisional
    Obat Benjolan Di Payudara Tradisional
    Obat Tradisional Flu Tulang

    ReplyDelete