Monday, November 22, 2010

A time to be thankful

by Jane

I know it might sound trite, but each year at Thanksgiving I consider all that I am thankful for. This year is no exception.

Of course, first and foremost I am thankful for my wonderful, supportive husband Steve, my two beautiful children Jessica and Zachary, and my incredible three-year-old granddaughter Elena. Without each of them, I wouldn’t have the energy to enjoy my career as much as I do. They really do complete me.

I am thankful for my father Oscar Dystel, a publishing legend who has just celebrated his ninety-eighth birthday and whom I talk with every day.

I am thankful for my incredible colleagues at DGLM: Miriam Goderich, Michael Bourret, Jim McCarthy, Stacey Glick, Jessica Papin, Lauren Abramo, John Rudolph, Stephanie DeVita and Rachel Stout. They are incredible people, industrious, smart, thoughtful, and a fabulous team.

Without our talented and prolific clients, we wouldn’t be here and I am thankful for each and every one of them every single day.

And of course, I am so thankful and appreciative of all of you who follow our blog and give us such great feedback throughout the year. Your advice is invaluable and your supportive comments so very appreciated.

I wish each and every one of you a delicious holiday and, if you have time, I’d love to know what you are thankful for.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely post. I am thankful for my husband, who continues to be my dearest love. And I am thankful for our four young boys, who keep our house lively and make my heart even fuller than my hands. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! And never trite to be thankful! I'm thankful for my family and Tofurky and warm Novembers and this blog, which is always informative and entertaining. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, Jane, thank you for sharing it!

    I'm thankful for my fiance, who is so incredibly supportive and patient and amazing. And I'm thankful for my agent, who is a star, and for blogs like DGLM's that have helped me so much over my writing journey. I'm thankful for my parents, who never let me down, and for Harry Potter - the latest film of which totally made my week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, just like everyone else, I am thankful for the wonderful people who populate my life, from my family, to my friends, and to the writing community. All have been so supportive. I'm thankful to those who take the time to post things that further my knowledge. And, I'm especially thankful for a healthy son, who has been cancer free for several years now.

    Thank you for your posts. Though I'm usually a silent stalker (because most of what I want to say someone always beats me to it), I appreciate this wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this, Jane. I'm especially thankful to be living a life that my mother and grandmother could only dream of. A top-notch education. A kind husband. World travel. I wish they were still here to enjoy it with me.

    Happy Thanksgiving everyone

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful for DGLM for believing in my book, and for offering me the opportunity to quit my bookkeeping job to write a book instead! I am grateful for my amazing family who always supports me no matter what quirky thing I'm doing next (even my conservative Italian Dad is proud of me). I'm grateful for my friends, especially my American friends in Paris who surprised me with an impromptu Thanksgiving dinner last night. Just when I was feeling homesick...

    ReplyDelete

  7. Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)


    Penyebab TBC Kelenjar
    Pengobatan Asma
    Obat Insomnia Akut Terapi Susah Tidur

    ReplyDelete