Monday, December 20, 2010

What I plan to read on my vacation

by Jane

It is always so difficult for me to choose what I want to read while away on a real vacation. I have so little time to read for pleasure that picking the perfect titles is incredibly challenging. My family and I are going away for eight days after we close up shop for the holidays and there will be plenty of time for me to go through at least three books.

I thought I’d share with you what I’m taking with me. BUT, if you have any other ideas I would love to hear what they are and why you recommend them:

Mockingjaythe third in The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I have just finished the second book and cannot read another thing until I finish the trilogyso this is definitely the first on my list.

The Room by Emma Donoghue. Ever since I first read a description of this novel, I have wanted to read it. And Jim and Lauren in our office loved it. Those are the two very important reasons why I am definitely taking this one along.

The Ghost Writer by Robert Harris. The idea of this book is really intriguing and since we work with so many ghost writers, I know I am going to enjoy this one. Plus, of course, Miriam loved itwhich in itself is a great reason for me to take it along.

In between, I am looking forward to reading Playing with Fire, the manuscript from my client Pam Constablea book about Pakistan which we have very high hopes forand the manuscript for Jeff Hertzberg and Zoë François’s new book Pizza and Focaccia in Five Minutes a Day, which was just turned in to the publisher and is bound to become another bestseller for the authors.

I figure that should keep me busy. I’ll also try to fit in some sleeping and eating and, of course, golf.

A very happy and healthy holiday to you all. We will be back in the New Year with some exciting new things to share with you.

22 comments:

  1. Those sound great, Jane. I read ROOM in a day, it was so compelling. Now I'm hooked on these Michelle Moran Egypt-novels and they're keeping me up reading all night -- which has been a pleasure. Have a great, relaxing holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, I read ROOM in a day too and it left a really big impression on me. I would be interested to hear what you think of it!

    Enjoy your holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one who did not like ROOM and found I couldn't recommend it to my blog readers.

    SPOILERS BELOW

    The escape from the room was too easy. The boy wouldn't have known to do all that, given his youth and total inexperience with the outside world.

    Another thing that put me off the book was the way the boy spoke. This is a kid who watched TV most of the day. His mother spoke with him in ordinary, everyday speech. He should have been speaking "like a normal person," not in that "precious," "cutesy" "child-speak" of his. Bleach! I felt I had to go take a long hot shower after reading that book.

    For me, the best book of 2010 was Jon Clinch's KINGS OF THE EARTH. After his gorgeous (but dark) debut novel, FINN, Clinch has shown he's a truly authentic American voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is really great. reading is very interests to me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)


    Jual Obat Maag
    Obat Batuk Darah Alami Yang Aman
    Obat Hipertiroid Tradisional
    Obat Syaraf Kejepit
    Obat Ginjal Mengecil

    ReplyDelete
  7. “Buy online from our vast collection of academic and non-academic books. Kitaabnow.com is your one stop solution for books, course packs, stationery, school uniform, office supplies and print & bind services offered with cash on delivery payment option. KitaabNow provides a shopping experience that overwhelms our customers with happiness & excitement.”
    https://kitaabnow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. There were a few reliable points that you finished. I performed some research on the subject and discovered that almost everyone agrees with your blog. If you have any problems related to mobile app development company, etc, then please contact me for instant help related to app.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome blog yoou have here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get your hands on the much celebrated top celebs leather coat that have helped boost the WOW factor of your favorite celebrity! Place your order now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I'm on a true vacation, it's always tough for me to decide what I want to read by the harry is my name and i was working at movie jackets

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. Jeremy Renner Brown Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  13. In that sort of web journals or post, Your article is stunning and more supportive to get useful stuff. Much thanks to you such a great amount for sharing us such a decent sort of information.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This article is very amazing.yellowstone season 5 jacketsThank for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pi Software provides Adobe acrobat pro dc software for teams, allowing for easy collaboration and document sharing, with flexible licensing options available for purchase and download.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Win Ex lover back in 48 hours......

    He cures herpes with herbal mixture

    100% result guaranteed..

    -GENITAL AND ORAL HERPES
    -HPV
    -DIABETES
    -ERECTILE ERECTION
    –HEPATITIS A,B AND C
    -COLD SORE
    -LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION
    -STROKE
    -IMPOTENCE
    -HYPERTENSION
    -SHINGLES
    -FIBROID
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY….

    R.buckler11 @gmail....com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to to thank you for this good read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing this piece of information. I really enjoyed it. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is the best way to share the great article with everyone one, so that everyone can able to utilize this information

    ReplyDelete

  20. I was impressed by your writing. Your writing is impressive. I want to write like you

    ReplyDelete

  21. Hi! this is often nice article you shared with great information.

    ReplyDelete