Recently, we've been asked a number of related questions about aspects of the query process, so I thought I'd try to tackle them here to give prospective clients a helping hand.
- Which agent should I query for my work?
- What if I have a few options and the person I select doesn't bite? Should I query another agent at the agency for that project?
- What if you've already rejected my manuscript, but I've thoroughly revised it?
- If you turn me down, can you give me editorial feedback?
- If you turn me down, can you give me a recommendation to another agent?
I hope this is helpful! Keep in mind that not all agents feel the same way about all things, but these general guidelines apply to the way we work here at DGLM. It pays to do your research on the agents you're targeting, rather than assuming that they will feel the same way on the questions you might have.