Friday, June 11, 2010

A literary affair to remember

by Rachel

Ever wondered what would happen if your two favorite authors hooked-up and penned a book together?

Well, I have, and so has Caroline Hagood, who gives us a rundown on her top 5 literary hook-ups in her article on Huffington Post.

I don’t know about you guys, but pairing Franz Kafka with Chuck Palahniuk sounds like a mind-bending literary experience. Maybe a Stephen King and Dostoevsky combination could work wonders too. But why stop with fiction? How about Julia Child and Albert Camus hooking up – they’d create a delicious and absurd little cookbook together that I’d definitely want to read.

Fancy any literary hook-ups yourself?

4 comments:

  1. Interesting mind candy. I'll have to check out the the article. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice Hoffman and JD Salinger (Salinger's later work, not Catcher). There would be symbolism and appreciation for the mundane *everywhere*!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I like to picture what a partnership between Norman Mailer and Barbara Cartland might have produced, or maybe Hemingway and Henry James. The process would definitely overshadow the product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

    Obat Gagal Jantung Akut
    Obat Alami Benjolan Di Selangkangan
    Obat Difteri Herbal
    Menghilangkan Nyeri Vagina Dengan Obat Herbal
    Cara Menghilangkan Nyeri Saat Haid

    ReplyDelete