Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Creative ways to get published

by Stacey

I saw this piece about a writer who found a fairly unconventional way to get published after trying the traditional way unsuccessfully (rejections from several dozen agents!). To me this is an example of how many resources there are to get your work noticed, and to connect with others in your community. It's inspiring to see that there are success stories like this out there, and that they are happening to writers who are motivated, focused, and creative in finding the right outlet for them. I hope some of you will have or have already had similar success stories, and will share them with us and our faithful readers.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post, Stacey! It was fascinating to see this kind of success story and I'm always in awe of this blog and how often you post really interesting stories/publishing news you. The website referred to seems great, and there are some fantastic agents on there (including several from DGLM). I've created a profile and posted work there, and will hopefully find other avenues to explore, along with the traditional routes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://accrispin.blogspot.com/2009/11/agent-inbox.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, AgentInBox,
    If I'm understanding correctly... one page submission, gauging your writing chops, plop down, $4.95

    Ya go along, fill out their requested material, last step is... PAY and SUBMIT.

    It's that word, PAY.

    However, I am impressed with Box's list of agents!

    Haste yee back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my blog readers demanding a book, so I gave it to 'em. Not quite the same as being discovered at AgentInBox, but I'm having a grand time. If the big time comes calling, I'll listen. But if they don't, that doesn't diminish my fun in the least.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clarification...
    WEBook is the Mother Hen of this operation. AgentInBox is one of its' chicks. At present, Box does not charge for a submit, but retains the right to do so depending on user feedback.

    Mixed blessings?

    Haste yee back ;-)

    ReplyDelete