Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring cleaning

by Chasya

It’s time to take out the trash--literally. As the birds come out to sing and the bitter cold edge of winter fades into a distantly unpleasant memory, I’ve been spending the weekends wrapped up in a yearly ritual that’s both exhausting and fulfilling--the purging and cleansing of my apartment.

That’s not the only thing I suspect being cleaned up, and on this helpful page run by a group of romance writers, Sylvia Rochester offers some good starter tips on polishing up your manuscript. Anyone else have some great tips to share?

Let the spring cleaning begin!

6 comments:

  1. Excellent editing 101 recap. I especially appreciate the list of useless words to find/replace or /eliminate. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No tips to share, but I'm bookmarking that site and maybe do some spring cleaning of my own. I started weeks ago but fell off the wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chasya, that's a great link, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an excellent link. I am almost to the editing stage of my WIP and appreciate all the info I can get on the topic. I have another set of words to add to the "Are you using the correct word" section: peak/peek/pique. Here's a great link to check your usage. http://the-word-blog.com/2009/07/03/peak-vs-peek-vs-pique/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I worked through my MS last night. At first I was afraid there'd be nothing left on the page once I'd swept out every That, So, Just, and Nearly, but I admit the whole thing is a lot more sparkly now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

    Obat Sakit Pinggang Ibu Hamil
    Obat Kanker Leher Dan Kepala Herbal
    Cara Mengobati Fibroid Secara Alami
    Obat Tradisional Tumor Jinak Pembuluh Darah

    ReplyDelete