Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Powerful parenting


by Stacey


A client of mine shared this link with me yesterday and I felt compelled to pass it on. We've been talking a lot about the recent cover story in New York magazine, I Love My Kids, I Hate My Life, which has generated a lot of controversy and ties in to what she's talking about here. Everyone has their own stories to share, some more profound and painful than others. This one by writer and writing coach Jennifer Lawler moved me to tears, and I think if you read it through, you'll see why. Since this is a book publishing blog, I'll also say that she offers some good advice for writers, which she does, but that's not really the point.

6 comments:

  1. A friend of mine sent me this link yesterday as well. I flat out bawled. Thanks for spreading it around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that. Even mothers of kids without special needs have a tough time, but that really puts things into perspective. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every once in a while, we need something like this to put our perspective back in place. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful, powerful piece of writing, now I have to go look for a Kleenex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

    Obat Lumpuh
    Obat Kanker Indung Telur
    Obat Kencing Nanah Alami
    Mengobati Herpes Genetalis
    Obat Tradisional Darah Kotor

    ReplyDelete