Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

by Chasya

Thanks, Galleycat, for this link to super creative ways artists are using old library cards in their work.

With the advent of digital card catalogues, artists are recycling those little paper boards into the coolest of creations. So, you crazy bibliophiles, want to carry a bit of the library everywhere you go?

Fancy a necklace made out of library cards?  Why your wish is Etsy's command.

My personal favorite is the paperweight.

What about you?

3 comments:

  1. Aww, the library where I work just uses them as scratch paper at the reference desk. I love the little set with the octopus, though. I just love cephalopods in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Chasya what a fantastic link, thanks for sharing this! I love the paperweight too!

    ReplyDelete