Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Stephen King's pop culture

by Miriam

I’m a fan of Stephen King’s work…in Entertainment Weekly. His stuff for the magazine has a playfulness and wit, not to mention brevity, that is often missing from at least his most recent (and by recent I mean the last 15 to 20 years) long form writing. I find his recommendations for films, music and, of course, books, always intriguing and occasionally baffling—and those are the best kind. Here are his Top 6 summer reads. I know at least four of them will make their way onto my night table pile.

7 comments:

  1. I heart Stephen King. I already have Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Passage on my bedside table--I can't wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a single book by a woman author. Just saying'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous makes a good point. I'm interested by his description for several of these books, and I read a LOT of books by male authors (especially since I read a lot of SF), but these do all seem like "guy" books. Although a lot of women do seem to like THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO... It would have been nice to get at least one female author in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I subscribe to EW and noticed he didn't pick any female authors either. He does seem to like JK Rowling though--he wrote the mostly glowing Deathly Hallows review a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am one of many who adore Stephen King's work. I've read "On Writing" too many times to mention. I love the way his words flow- he makes me feel as if I am just listening talk. I know it's what most writers intend to do - however, he really pulls it off.

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. perhaps I meant to say "listening to him talk", but it's 7:00 on a summer morning, and frankly I should be in bed.


    :-)

    ReplyDelete

  7. I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

    Obat Untuk Menghilangkan Luka Kecelakaan Alami
    Cara Menghilangkan Penyakit Mesothelioma
    Obat Tumor Parotis
    Maag Anak Tradisional
    Obat Sindrom Ovarium Polikistik

    ReplyDelete