Thursday, September 16, 2010

Excuses

by Michael

I don’t really like excuses, as my authors know. But, I’m making one anyway! While my blog entry last week was tough because it was a slow news week, this week it’s tough because everything exploded. Ok, not really exploded, but things have gotten very busy very quickly. Just staying on top of my inbox is getting challenging, and it’s clear that all of those vacationing publishing folk are back in town. So things here are busy! And I best you’re busy, too, so I won’t bore you with a long blog entry.

Instead, I’ll point you to this fun collaborative novel that’s being overseen by the one-and-only Nancy Pearl. The really fun part? The writers (36 of them, including two clients of mine) are writing at the Hugo House in Seattle, where you can go watch them work—and can even possibly contribute ideas. They’re doing this all in six days, and then the book will be published electronically immediately afterward, with the proceeds going to charity. I have to say, I wish I was going to be in Seattle for this. Looks like a lot of fun!

7 comments:

  1. That sounds perfect. How I wish I could be there, if only to observe and soak up all the creativity that inevitably results when a bunch of writers (or musicians or any group of people who share a passion) get together.

    Guess I'll settle for reading the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugo House is fantastic (and apologies for contributing to your overflowing inbox).

    ReplyDelete
  3. They'll be writing as others read over their shoulder? That sounds like a nightmare. That's my number one pet peeve :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm astonished. Things are actually happening here in Seattle? The Hugo House is actually right by my university, so maybe I can stop by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope today's storm treated you all nicely!

    ReplyDelete

  6. I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his


    Obat Diabetes Melitus
    Obat Tradisional Tumor Parotis
    Obat Kanker Rahim Herbal
    Obat Wasir Untuk Ibu Hamil
    Obat Tumor Bibir Atau Mulut Yang Alami

    ReplyDelete