Friday, April 16, 2010

Ke$ha: A poet for our times

by Lauren

Poetry doesn't often find itself a subject of our blog entries around here, since it's not within the purview of this agency or most others professionally speaking. And unless we're talking the poetry of pop music, it's not necessarily of interest to the majority of us personally. I'm something of an exception to the rule: I've only recently learned to identify Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift by voice, much to the dismay of Jim and our interns, but do happen to know a bit about poetry.  I've studied it and even used to memorize it for fun, because that's just the kind of nerd I am.

So I was delighted to finally learn who this Ke$ha girl is through the Princeton Tiger's video interview with Pulitzer Prize winning poet Paul Muldoon, the subject of my grad school dissertation.  If you love pop songs, allusive poets, or college students in very brightly colored ties, check it out.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant! This has set the tone of my day...I'm meeting an Irish poet for lunch + will wear a Gerry Garcia tie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great video! My stomach hurts, I've been laughing so hard. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Lauren, for making my day! Like Sangu, I was laughing until my stomach hurt!!! Next time someone says that a discussion about poetry can't be interesting, I'll be sure to show them this video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh. Me and hubby saw Ke$ha on SNL last night and we both turned to each other and said, "Her name is ketchup?"

    This makes much more sense. I feel enlightened...as only poetry can make me feel.

    ReplyDelete